Tractor trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor trailer

I am looking for some help as I am doing my own taxes this year. I purchased a trailer for my 2016 Volvo and am trying to figure out how I record my maintenance and repair costs on my Schedule C. I have spent way to much time researching this and not coming up with an answer. I have figured out the depreciation on it. Thanks for your help in advance!!

No offense, but are you a paid tax preparer?

Chris

Comment

Have you considered line 21 titled "Repairs & maintenance"?

On a side note, I had to enter a code from the taxbook to post to this forum. How is it non-taxpreparers are able to post topics to the forum?
      Last edited by Anarchrist; 02-26-2019, 02:57 PM.
      "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Kind of my point exactly. Whats next, where do I list my advertising costs?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
          Kind of my point exactly. Whats next, where do I list my advertising costs?

Chris

Oh, you depreciate them out for 535 1/2 years

Comment

Originally posted by RDeWitt View Post
            I am looking for some help as I am doing my own taxes this year. I purchased a trailer for my 2016 Volvo and am trying to figure out how I record my maintenance and repair costs on my Schedule C. I have spent way to much time researching this and not coming up with an answer. I have figured out the depreciation on it. Thanks for your help in advance!!
            Anyone who purchases TTB product can use this forum, no matter if you are a student, non “paid” and “paid” tax preparers, tax preparers with credentials (CPA, EA, Attorney) or other occupations.

For your post, consider looking at TTB 10-4 & Tab 8 to see if applies to your business scenario.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
            X