1095's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1095's?

Some clients say that don't receive any 1095's. I see they are covered by DD on their w-2 and I know they've been covered all year every year. Seems ok to file them anyhow is it not?

As long as they say they had insurance and as long as they say they did NOT have Marketplace insurance, you can go ahead and file without the 1095.

For some weird reason the IRS has been extending the deadlines for 1095-Bs and 1095-Cs. They are not required to be filed until March 4th.

Comment

The real problem is with taxpayers who don't give us the 1095-A. If taxpayer says they did not receive proof of health insurance coverage (1099-HC in MA), I make a note of it and make a copy of their insurance card. If they don't have insurance card, the return is pended!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I have had several clients say they don't receive the 1095 nor the 1099-HC in MA. I found that a lot of insurance companies don't send anything if the person is on Medicare. So if you know they had Medicare all year you only have to check that they had insurance all year on the federal form and mark they had Medicare on the MA return.

Comment

Working...
        X