Amazon Employee Stock Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Employee Stock Options

Client works for Amazon and was given employee stock options after a year client sold stocks how do I report employee stock options?? Thank you

Anyone Please??

Comment

Sorry I didn't stay up late on Saturday night to answer your question 10 hours after you first asked it.

The way you ask your question implies you have little or no experience with stock options. So, for starters, you need to figure out what kind of options are involved: "There are three kinds of stock options: —incentive stock options, employee stock purchase plan options, and non-statutory (nonqualified) stock options."

Then, you should see if employee received Form 3921 or 3922 at any point in the past, or for the current year.

Lastly, it seems you need a 2 or 4 hours CE seminar on stock options. Maybe you can find one online. Oh, and have you tried TheTaxBook? They have a section specifically on employee stock options. And while I won't post a link, in deference to the operators of this forum, I will mention that there is an excellent site (Fairmark) that you can find, run by Kaye Thomas, that specializes in discussions and articles regarding investments and in particular stock options. You'll probably find some tutorial material there.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Thank you RR. I like to help people out and think of this forum as a sounding board for unusual situations but I have seen posts in the last couple of weeks where it seems some practitioners are skipping research and going to this board to do their work for them. I think someone posted a week or two ago asking about state taxes in their own state as they were new to tax preparation??? Go to work for someone and gain experience. I have had to tell clients in the past that they are out of my league and need to go somewhere with more resources. No shame in that otherwise you are doing a dis-service to the client.

Comment

You'll need to describe in detail the type of stock options that were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by POCAHONTAS View Post
            Client works for Amazon and was given employee stock options after a year client sold stocks how do I report employee stock options?? Thank you
            See TTB 1-9; 6-18; 22-4 as it may apply to your scenario.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
            X