Triple Net Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Net Lease

Client is in a triple net lease arrangement. Need to know what positions tax practioners have taken in regards to 199 A deduction in the case the client was regular and continuous in its business activities and in the case the client was not regular and continuous.

If it's a triple net lease, what business activities are left for your client except to deposit the rent? Unless, it's self-rental to a commonly controlled business. If it rises to the level of a trade or business...

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      If it's a triple net lease, what business activities are left for your client except to deposit the rent? Unless, it's self-rental to a commonly controlled business. If it rises to the level of a trade or business...
      Excellent point. I am staying away from these guys!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Definitely does not qualify under safe harbor, so the burden is on the owner to prove the enterprise should be treated as a business. I would say no way, but if I'm proven wrong by a later interpretation I will gladly file the amendment.
        "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

What about a Self Rental? Most of those are set up as triple net but according to what I have read they will qualify.

Comment

They do qualify based on the commonly-owned business qualifying.

Comment

Working...
            X