1/31 deadline reprrieve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/31 deadline reprrieve?

Any word on penalty relief for those of us in tundra with no mail delivery/pick up today and tomorrow?

You sure would think so. Especially with the shutdown in January. I've had to do some 1099's and W-2's for clients who normally got their forms from the IRS. Now the weather has bottled things up again. Tough start to tax season for the small practitioners.

Comment

I've personally never seen a penalty on a 1099 being filed late. Also, there is also nothing to prevent you from postmarking it today and dropping it off at the post office tonight.

Chris

Comment

[QUOTE=spanel;n296278 Also, there is also nothing to prevent you from postmarking it today and dropping it off at the post office tonight.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Seriously? De-icing agents do not work at these temps, and roads are essentially a packed sheets of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post

Seriously? De-icing agents do not work at these temps, and roads are essentially a packed sheets of ice.
          I'm assuming your not working at an office? Your at home?

Couple options....

Efile the 1099s
          Postmark them todays date and bring them to the post office once your able (within a day or two)

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post

I'm assuming your not working at an office? Your at home?

Couple options....

Efile the 1099s
            Postmark them todays date and bring them to the post office once your able (within a day or two)

Chris
            I'm not sure why we should have to jump through hoops when the IRS could just put out a notice of few days reprieve. They do it for all kind of other situations.

I lucked out as a neighbor sent out a group text that he was braving going into town and asked if anyone needed anything.

Comment

I ordered forms from IRS 3 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten them yet due to shutdown. Its their fault I will be late.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KEA View Post
                I ordered forms from IRS 3 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten them yet due to shutdown. Its their fault I will be late.
                Again, Efile 1099s and they wont be late. Also, you can order forms to be overnighted, etc from dozen of vendors... just saying.

Chris

Comment

State of Wisconsin just gave us until Feb 4th for anything due Jan 31st.

Comment

Working...
                  X