No announcement yet.

tax preparation fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with TaxGuytBill! I have seen their invoices they DO NOT charge for DD. They charges Service Bureau and Refund Transfer Fees. The Refund Transfer Fee is probably what Spanel is referring as a DD.

Comment

Thanks Guys appreciate all the answers

Comment

Query: Most of the "missing refund" queries our office encounters are with taxpayer who did NOT want direct deposit of their federal and/or state refunds. We are contemplating an additional $30.00 charge for such taxpayers to compensate us for the lost time tracking down their refunds when they claim not to have received them. Our average time 'wasted' on this last year was about .75 ours per return.. Yeah, we refer them to IRS and all that, prepare the "lost check" forms for them to sign, and then hide our snickering when they bring in the copy of the IRS check they or one of them cashed at a supermarket.

Thoughts if any to share?
        Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Do not feel guilty about charging for your time especially if it is extensive. Most preparers will absorb some of this, especially for long-term clients. You could always be up front about it, and advise this will happen for non-direct deposit cases. Lots of people don't want the IRS to have their bank account information. Shutdown will no doubt delay check refunds, I fear.

Comment

Working...
          X