IRS accept returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS accept returns

when does IRS start accepting returns. the last I heard last week it was jan 25, but nothing since.

I think it is the 28th.

Comment

For 1040 forms it is January 28, 2019. You can e-file business tax forms right now. If you e-file before the start date the transmitter (generally your software vendor) will hold it and transmit to IRS on 1/28. IRS has clarified that this does not violate the anti stockpiling law.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Official date is the 28th. Some software companies will participate in testing with the IRS, so you might be early acks because of that.

Comment

The 28th for 1040's and I believe they are already accepting business returns.

Comment

I prepared a 1040 return last Saturday and it was accepted today.
            Last edited by Brian EA; 01-23-2019, 08:09 PM.
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by Brian EA View Post
              I prepared a return last Saturday and it was accepted today
              If your software vendor (transmitter) participates in the IRS Hub testing program then more than likely your 1040 e-file will be accepted before 1/28.
              Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
              X