Tax Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Records

I have a prospective client who wants me to file a few years of past due tax returns for him. I know that I am going to need to get his IRS transcripts in order to do his case properly. My understanding is this information is not available to me at this time because of the partial government shutdown. Should I take his case now?

I am in a similar position for a 2015 tax return and I made sure that my correspondence said that all work will be done after receipt of a current IRS transcript. They had an old transcript but I really can't rely on that.

So as long as you and your client have an understanding, I see no issue taking the case now.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I thought the transcripts were available through TDS but you have to have a POA or 8821 on file before you can access them and both of these must be faxed which cant be done during shutdown. Why we still have to fax a POA or 8821 and are not able to upload it is a mystery to me but I suppose it make perfect sense to a bureaucracy.
      "Dude, you are correct" Rapid Robert

Comment

Working...
      X