Form 1040 for Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1040 for Seniors

There was talk about the IRS having a Form 1040 for seniors. I haven't seen this form yet, just the Form 1040. Any info on this? Thanks

I believe the 1040-SR will be rolled out for the 2020 filing season to cover 2019 tax returns.

Comment

Thank you very much for this info!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
        With the demise of the Form 1040EZ and the Form 1040A in favor of the "simplified" Form 1040 for calendar year 2018, I would not hold out too much hope for seeing a new Form 1040SR for calendar year 2019.
        Quite frankly, I would prefer to see someone in the IRS come to their senses and "un-simplify" the paperwork disaster that the 2018 federal tax forms have become!!

FE
        Yes! And simplify the 199A deduction.

The best solution for tax reform and simplification would be to require all US Representatives and US Senators to be placed in a room by themselves, with a copy of the IRS Tax Code, their 2018 Tax Return Information, and be required to complete it accurately without leaving the room until it is finished. Give them a fresh pot of coffee, cold bottles of water, and then no potty break until it is complete.

Then hire some real return preparers such as EA's and CPA's that actually do tax returns to revise the tax code.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
        X