2019 Fee Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Fee Schedule

Does anyone have a fee list for 2019? For example, what would your average fee be for a 1040, Sch. A and 2441 vs. a 1040 without a Sch. A? I understand additional schedules and forms would add additional fees.

IMHO there are too many variables to list a fee schedule in a post. Obviously it depends on your market and the type of services you provide. I am estimating a slight increase in basic fees due to tax law changes for taxpayers impacted by QBI.

The in my neck of the woods for non chain stores or CPA shops, the average 1040 with Sch A, runs between $130 to $180. The 1040 standard deduction between $100 to $140. Dependent care credit, Education credit etc. run another $25 per form. More than 2 W2 or 1099 forms may require additional fee, generally $5 to $10. Some complicated forms like Sch D or Adoption Credits run $25 to $50 per form. The business model generally is that you drop off your tax papers with an organizer (or mail) and pick up the completed return in a week or two. Some preparers charge more for face to face appointments or tax preparation in late March/April.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Agreed. Depends on the market where you are located, and I see you have not included that information in your bio.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        IMHO there are too many variables to list a fee schedule in a post. Obviously it depends on your market and the type of services you provide. I am estimating a slight increase in basic fees due to tax law changes for taxpayers impacted by QBI.

The in my neck of the woods for non chain stores or CPA shops, the average 1040 with Sch A, runs between $130 to $180. The 1040 standard deduction between $100 to $140. Dependent care credit, Education credit etc. run another $25 per form. More than 2 W2 or 1099 forms may require additional fee, generally $5 to $10. Some complicated forms like Sch D or Adoption Credits run $25 to $50 per form. The business model generally is that you drop off your tax papers with an organizer (or mail) and pick up the completed return in a week or two. Some preparers charge more for face to face appointments or tax preparation in late March/April.
        Same here in our area. And you know the prices for HRblockhead and CPA shops charge at least twice that. Especially young single parents claiming eic. Then they really rake them over the coals !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post

Same here in our area. And you know the prices for HRblockhead and CPA shops charge at least twice that. Especially young single parents claiming eic. Then they really rake them over the coals !!!

Can't fault the firms you mention for the prices of their services. It is a free market place that the consumer selects the tax preparation firm .

There are firms that can charge lower prices for less services and expertise OR similar services and expertise of higher priced firms for lower prices. If that makes economic sense for that firm so be it. Can't fault them either.
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 12-27-2018, 09:22 PM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

There is an accounting firm in our area who has hired a phone solicitation company to market their services. They are offering a free review of your 2017 tax return to analyze TCJA impact in 2018! Typically this firm offered a $20 coupon. The base price for a 1040 with Sch A was $200. The first year you get to meet the partner and then subsequently you are forced to deal with a "staff person" and if you insist on meeting the partner (CPA) you are invoiced a consultation fee! Over the years I must have picked up about half a dozen of their clients
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
              There is an accounting firm in our area who has hired a phone solicitation company to market their services. They are offering a free review of your 2017 tax return to analyze TCJA impact in 2018! Typically this firm offered a $20 coupon. The base price for a 1040 with Sch A was $200. The first year you get to meet the partner and then subsequently you are forced to deal with a "staff person" and if you insist on meeting the partner (CPA) you are invoiced a consultation fee! Over the years I must have picked up about half a dozen of their clients
              Never heard of a client being "forced" to do anything they don't want to do and have to pay for it. Would think a client would not stand for that and walk away. Also would think if the firm you mention is that unacceptable to its clients you should have more than "a half dozen of their clients over the years".
              Last edited by TAXNJ; 12-27-2018, 10:15 PM.
              Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

Never heard of a client being "forced" to do anything they don't want to do and have to pay for it. Would think a client would not stand for that and walk away. Also would think if the firm you mention is that unacceptable to its clients you should have more than "a half dozen of their clients over the years".
                I think you misunderstood that. Client's are not "forced". If they want to deal directly with the partner after the first year, their fees go up. It is cheaper to deal with a staff person. Some people don't mind that as long as the work gets done. Some don't like that arrangement and walk away. I am sure there are other firms in town that picked up many of their ex clients.

Comment

What I see is big box firms charging different prices for MFJ with EIC vs HOH with EIC. They tend to prey on single mothers and fathers. Spin it as you want (oh its a free market). And it is. But what I just laid out is same as what many unscrupulous mechanics do to women clients vs. men. Its morally wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X