signing up for e-services without a cellphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signing up for e-services without a cellphone

Has anyone out there signed up for e-services but (...gasp) have no cellphone ? I use landlines & had been using e-services for a while but this year we have to jump through some new hoops to be able to use it.
    I had trouble navigating some of the screens & called the e-services line (866 255-0654). The person I spoke with struggled to help me & seemed aghast that I couldn't receive a text message. Apparently you get a code mailed to you under these circumstances. The rep also told me I couldn't continue to e-file returns unless I had access to e-services. Is this true ?
    The only thing I've used e-services for in prior years was to match the e-files the IRS shows with my own records. Had no problem renewing my PTIN.
    Thanks for any comments

I had a problem also where I could not use my cell phone to get these code messages. But I have an amazon fire tablet and downloaded the IRS IRS2Go app. You can get the code on that which works great. Hope that helps you. I know it can be stressful to complete those steps for e-services.

Comment

Originally posted by RWG1950 View Post
      Has anyone out there signed up for e-services but (...gasp) have no cellphone ? I use landlines & had been using e-services for a while but this year we have to jump through some new hoops to be able to use it.
      I had trouble navigating some of the screens & called the e-services line (866 255-0654). The person I spoke with struggled to help me & seemed aghast that I couldn't receive a text message. Apparently you get a code mailed to you under these circumstances. The rep also told me I couldn't continue to e-file returns unless I had access to e-services. Is this true ?
      The only thing I've used e-services for in prior years was to match the e-files the IRS shows with my own records. Had no problem renewing my PTIN.
      Thanks for any comments
      You must provide certain things to your Tax Software Provider that is on Eservices, otherwise its a no go e-filing returns.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X