Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else keep getting cp259 notices about non-filed 941 forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else keep getting cp259 notices about non-filed 941 forms?

I have a number of clients getting this notice even though the 941 was efiled by a 3rd party payroll service. And of course they blame me. It takes IRS a year or more to send them. The forms are then resubmitted and 3 months later, client gets another notice for the same period. Is IRS that incompetent that they lose these things or do they have computer problems they won't admit to?

I don't know the answer to your question. I would be wondering about the payroll tax deposits. Have those been made? Why do the clients blame you if someone else filed their payroll returns?
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

All deposits were made. Whenever a client gets a letter from IRS, they have no idea what it says. They just assume they are being audited or the preparer did something wrong.

Comment

I would have no problem advising such clients that the only person that could address this issue is the payroll service who filed the returns. They should be able to not only provide proof the returns were filed (especially if they were e-filed) but to correspond with the IRS about any such issues. That is what the client is paying them for.

Comment

Working...
        X