Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form 56 Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship. Form 1310 was filed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 56 Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship. Form 1310 was filed.

Deceased taxpayer no will. Form 1310 was filed by personal rep to claim a small refund along with court document. IRS is now asking form Form 56?? I have never seen this form before because Form 1310 did the job. Anyone know the reason IRS is asking for F56 which is almost same info as 1310??
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Not a clue. I have filed many 1310's but never sent in a Form 56 and it has never been an issue. I thought F56 was just a formality filed after death to advise IRS whom they should contact re: the deceased's tax affairs if necessary. I see no reason for a requirement to file one now, unless the proper documents (like court appointment of personal rep) became separated and they don't have it.

Comment

Taxpayer submitted court appointment document with 1310. This is the first time I saw Form 56. Instead of fighting IRS I just completed Form 56 and resubmitted with the documents if that makes IRS happy.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
      X