Excluded Trade or Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excluded Trade or Business

In the Draft Instruction for 2018 1040 page 34, Line 9 instructions lists health, law, accounting, etc. as businesses excluded from being Qualified Trades and Businesses to qualify for QBI deduction, However, after the long and never-ending paragraph, the instructions include Exceptions: If your taxable income is less than $157,500 ($315,000 if MFJ), your specified service trade or business is treated as a qualified trade or business. So does that mean my accounting and tax firm can qualify if my taxable income is below this amounts?

Yes.

If the income is below $157,500/$315,000, all business qualify for it (except C-corporations).

If the income is over that amount, Specified businesses start to get phased out with no exceptions, and the phase out and limitations for Non-specified businesses are dependent on the businesses' W-2 wages and Qualified Property.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
      If the income is over that amount, Specified businesses start to get phased out with no exceptions, and the phase out and limitations for Non-specified businesses are dependent on the businesses' W-2 wages and Qualified Property.
      The phaseout between the upper and lower limits for SSBs is also includes a wage/property factor.

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
        The phaseout between the upper and lower limits for SSBs is also includes a wage/property factor.

Interesting; I didn't remember that. I'll need to look that up and review it again. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X