2019 PTIN renewal is active

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 PTIN renewal is active

In response to an incoming email from the IRS, this morning I renewed my PTIN number and I'm now covered through calendar year 2019.
    The process was quite simple. Essentially verify your existing information, update as needed, and answer a couple of the usual yes/no questions.
    The entire process took less than ten minutes to complete.
    This is where you start: https://rpr.irs.gov/datamart/login.do

FE

Just got my renewal notice from the IRS too. Renewed right away and it was a piece of cake. Good to go for another year.

Comment

I have not gotten an email from the IRS but went to the log in address above, logged in, and it did not give me the option to renew. I could update information but not renew.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by ttbtaxes View Post
        I have not gotten an email from the IRS but went to the log in address above, logged in, and it did not give me the option to renew. I could update information but not renew.

Am I missing something?
        I believe IRS is doing in batches to avoid server overload! What is the rush to renew as long as you get it done by the time you sign a return next year!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

The renewal button was not posted and visible when I logged in so I called the IRS. They verified my identity by phone and when I logged out and logged back in, the renewal button appeared and I'm renewed!

Comment

Originally posted by ttbtaxes View Post

Am I missing something?
            It's my understanding the IRS has some guidelines re "early" PTIN renewal folks.
            This was shown on my email that arrived earlier in the week: "Congratulations! To thank you for repeatedly renewing your Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) early, you have the opportunity to renew your PTIN before the season opens to other tax return preparers. The PTIN system is ready to accept your renewal from today through Oct. 15."

I also agree with the comment posted by ATSMAN. . .what's the rush?? Heck, I'm still working on two 2017 tax returns!

FE

Comment

Working...
            X