Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eServices Password Expiration after six months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eServices Password Expiration after six months?

For quite a few years I have used a calendar reminder to log in at least once every six months and change my password to IRS eservices. I don't do much rep work so I don't log in regularly for other reasons. And I am sure the IRS policy was to expire passwords every six months, and if you didn't log in after a while you would have to go through much more work to re-activate.

But after the last six month cycle, I am not being prompted to change my password, and it's been about seven months now. Anyone else notice this? I've read we are going to get new terms of service to accept soon, maybe this is related to that?
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

I'm curious to know myself.

Comment

I just logged into my e-services account without incident using the password I changed back in January 2018. I was prompted to enter the 6-digit number that came to my cell as part of the two-step program and I was in my account.

I printed out the e-services Application Summary in case either of my tax software vendors want it for this filing season.

Comment

I just logged into my account. It says your password is expired and you need to change it. I did and everything seems to be working fine.
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Like many of you, I too had to accept the new e-services user agreement terms and conditions that we knew was coming. I recall I was prompted to change my password at that time, so I'll have to wait for the six month anniversary to see what happens next.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
          X