No announcement yet.

2018 draft 1040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any body have the draft's in a mode that we can print the pages and the schedules. I can't seem to find them. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
      Any body have the draft's in a mode that we can print the pages and the schedules. I can't seem to find them. thanks
      I have a Jpg image but this forum will not let me upload? Let me see if I can change the format and upload.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Click on the NYT link in Kathy's original post - you'll see the draft 1040 and six schedules numbered from 1 to 6. That's the best you'll probably get until the IRS releases the draft form (probably soon) on its site.

Comment

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
          Click on the NYT link in Kathy's original post - you'll see the draft 1040 and six schedules numbered from 1 to 6. That's the best you'll probably get until the IRS releases the draft form (probably soon) on its site.
          Here is a good write up just posted at https://www.journalofaccountancy.com...rs-form-10...1
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

With the WSJ article https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new...out-1530178201 you can copy images and post to Word to print if you want.

Comment

If an form 1041 was started in 2017 with a fiscal year ending in 2018 with income being distributed that the heirs will report in 2018 how do we do the K-1's. Using 2017 k-1 will have a bad reference where to report on the 2018 form. What now?

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
                With the WSJ article https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new...out-1530178201 you can copy images and post to Word to print if you want.
                This link only works if you subscribe to the WSJ!

I wonder why TheTaxBook and NATP can't provide the draft forms?
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                  This link only works if you subscribe to the WSJ!
                  Right click on link and open in incognito window.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
                    Pray tell, what is an "in incognito window"?

My routine browser is 64-bit Firefox Quantum.

( It would be nice if no "pay to play" web links were ever posted on TTB boards. )

FE
                    Guess I just assumed people knew.... It's been part of Chrome for ages.

I don't use Firefox, but they have something called private window, that may or may not work the same.

FWIW, original link NYT also has a paywall, but it doesn't kick in until 10 or so uses a month.

Comment

Right click on link and open in incognito window.
                      Nope, that link doesn't work either!
                      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                        Nope, that link doesn't work either!
                        Don't know, always works for me.

IRS has 1040 listed on draft form page, but when you click it, it just says coming soon!

Comment

Don't know, always works for me.

IRS has 1040 listed on draft form page, but when you click it, it just says coming soon!
                          I believe at Treasury.Gov the 1o40 form is published but no schedules yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                            I believe at Treasury.Gov the 1o40 form is published but no schedules yet.

https://home.treasury.gov/TaxCutCutCut
                            That's a weird URL -- is stuttering now the new way for government to disrespect Americans? :-)
                            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
                              That's a weird URL -- is stuttering now the new way for government to disrespect Americans? :-)
                              Cut Cut Cut Act is what Trump wanted the bill to be titled.

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
                                Why on earth? Paper file parents return & they would have received their money by now.
                                Chris
                                Because somehow he had dependent claim herself! And if I file parents' now it will reject as they are claiming child. And they are not getting any refund. They owed, and paid it with extension.

Comment

Working...
                                X