Taxact

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Twin Turbo Z
    replied
    Drakes GUI is not as user friendly and productive as Proseries. We demo Drake every other year, to look at any changes. And for us the extra monies spent on Proseries is well worth the more efficient GUI (time savings per return). Get the demo of Drake, then get familiar with it. Then do a couple bogus returns (simple and complex), on Drake and Proseries. See which one is more efficient and offers what you need.

    Leave a comment:


  • JohnH
    replied
    I second the recommendation to take a look at Drake. They also have a per-return option, which they allow you to convert to unlimited if your volume gets high enough to justify the switch.

    Leave a comment:


  • ATSMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by liberty
    Anyone used Taxact software? What's your opinion? Do they have good support?
    Right now I use proseries. The price is going to be $1932 for 2018. It's getting a little to expensive to me. Besides this year, the service is very poor. I am looking for an alternative.
    This is the perfect time to demo tax software with your actual client returns to see if it meets your needs. I am assuming you like Proseries but cost is the issue for changing?

    Try Drake because when you add the cost of the TaxAct preparer bundle plus the cost of unlimited e-file it will be about the same as Drake. Drake has by far the best customer support in my opinion. If you only prepare 1040 forms and have a handful of returns, TaxAct may be more cost effective.

    Whatever you decide, do prepare actual returns before writing that check!

    Leave a comment:


  • liberty
    started a topic Taxact

    Taxact

    Anyone used Taxact software? What's your opinion? Do they have good support?
    Right now I use proseries. The price is going to be $1932 for 2018. It's getting a little to expensive to me. Besides this year, the service is very poor. I am looking for an alternative.
Working...