Roth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roth

Can someone tell me how the BEST way to invest $20,000 in an IRA? The traditional way or a ROTH? What is the difference and the best way for the future for the money?

Thank you for any info on this matter. Keep up the good work on this board for people like me!!!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Can someone tell me how the BEST way to invest $20,000 in an IRA? The traditional way or a ROTH? What is the difference and the best way for the future for the money?

Thank you for any info on this matter. Keep up the good work on this board for people like me!!!!!
    Did not know the first post went through okay. (Posted twice)

Comment

please re-post it

I didn't get the first one. Could you please re-post it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

Do you mean you want to contibute 20,000 to an IRA in one year?
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Ira

Whether it be Traditional or Roth IRA, there are contributions limits each calendar year.

Are you discussing a rollover???

Sandy

Comment

If you are talking about original contributions you would want to look at the tax return each year. If they are low income the Savers Credit is too good to pass up. It's good for Trad or Roth but the deduction for your contribution may increase the credit.

Of course as ST said there are contribution limits in addition to the income limits on Qualified Plan participants. This would be a factor for a middle or upper income person.
            In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
            Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
            X