Training Video Depreciation (years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training Video Depreciation (years)

Need the number of years to depreciate a training video a client sales. From what I have researched we have two choices. One, the number of years its expected to earn money (income forecast method) or straight-line over its useful life. Im leaning towards the later with a 3 or 5 year life. If anyone else has experience in this area, please chime in. Qualify for bonus dep. ?

Figured it out.

Comment

I would have no idea what to do with it. Can you share what you figured out?

Thanks.

Comment

Used 5 year straight-line. And qualifies for bonus. Was a new one on me also. TTB had it explained but not the years involved, but its useful life was in question and bonus dep.

Comment

Did the client sell the video or the use of the video? If he sold the video where does depreciation even enter in to this picture?
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
            Did the client sell the video or the use of the video? If he sold the video where does depreciation even enter in to this picture?
            Falls into the same category as feature films, and music productions. Client sales the video (how to video). Could 179 it, but we want to use it over time.

Comment

Working...
            X