Get on Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on Board

An all-true process with our political system.

Congressmen and Senators have got bad legislation on their desks at all times. Much of the time it is a give-away to some lobbyist or special interest group. This stuff is so bad that if it were called up for a vote, no one would dare vote for it. Even the guy who sponsored it might not even vote for it.

So what they do is wait for more legislation that is sure to be approved. From one end of the chamber to the other they cry out "Hot dang! this one's a sure ringer! Got lots of money 'for the children', cracks down on drug use, gives tax breaks to millions, etc. etc."

With all these cure-all features, who could vote against it?? So the conductor calls out "Train is leaving the Station!! All A-BBOOAARRDD!!"

So here they come. A Senator with a zillion dollar subsidy for an already wealthy drug company. A Congressman with a Copyright exemption for a wealthy contributor. Tax giveaways for corporations who export American jobs to Indonesia. Hurry! Hurry! Let's throw this garbage onto the train before it leaves!!

So this is how crap becomes law. After all, who could vote against it?? It's "for the children."

Just one of a thousand games they play -- not just in Washington. Nashville, TN and your state capitol are not immune.

Having said this, wonder what all the fall-out will be with this so-called Pension Reform Act?
    Better read the fine print!!

Oh Good Grief

...no response. Not even from Black Bart. I really must have lost my touch, if indeed I ever had it.

...the workings of Congress are hardly a tax topic. However, if you followed everything they did, they don't miss tax items very often...

Comment

O Good Grief

Snag-That train you are talking about left the station without the conductor. That train
      has no idea where it is going nor where it has been. Anyone in congress can jump on
      and jump off at anytime and the absent conductor has very little say so.

Comment

That's exactly why POTUS should have the power to line item veto. The power was granted to the President and used by Clinton, but was subsequently ruled unconstitutional.

Most states have it. Until the US President gets it, we'll continue to see the abuses.

Comment

[QUOTE=Snaggletoof]...no response. Not even from Black Bart. I really must have lost my touch, if indeed I ever had it.
          QUOTE]

Ron, we can not respond since we are all hurt. Jumped on the train and just at getting a glimpse on what's really going on had to jump backwards and got hurt. How did you manage not to get hurt?

No personal offense. Sorry, for abandoning you.

Gabriele

Comment

Hey I was already ranting on another post about the Senate Amnesty program. The cost for additional earned income credit is over 24 Billion. The total cost over 10 years is over 100 billion which is probably off by two thirds.

Comment

Sorry, I had

Originally posted by Snaggletoof
              ...no response. Not even from Black Bart. I really must have lost my touch, if indeed I ever had it.
              a good excuse, but can't remember now what it was (I owe you one for bailing out my lonesome 179 post). I promise to do better.

Comment

Working...
              X