IRS mailing addresses changed for calendar 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS mailing addresses changed for calendar 2018

Updating my collection of links, and noticed various 1040-series mailing addresses have changed for calendar 2018, at least for my state (PA).

I don't normally mail 1040 returns any more.

However, clients still mail the 941/940 series and the addresses can change. Especially with those with a balance due and they are enclosing a payment. A few years back the 940's were all returned about the middle of Feb. I provided the envelopes for them to mail the return. So they were late filed with a new address and I had to respond to the IRS that the address had changed (different bank had the contract). The penalties were waved.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

I think I have 2 or 3 clients that insist on paper filing. I check the addresses before preparing those returns every year.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Yep, everybody’s been e-filing for 20+ years.

Nearly-obsolete, but paper forms needed for those cases that aren’t “normal.”

I have some of these each year, and keep addressed envelopes on hand for clients’ use:

Form 14039- for identity theft;

Form 8948- for unfixable rejects (you know them, the dependent or wrong parent who got there first)
        or by taxpayer choice;

Form 1040V- some use checks; and

Those few who file after e-file season’s closed, and before it reopens- like now.

TTB has it covered- p. 16-1. I liked knowing about the changes.

Comment

Working...
        X