5500ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5500ez

Line 10g asks "for amounts received by the plan other than from contributions".
    Does this include realized gains and losses? If so I presume this can be a negative number?

The instructions say:

Line 10g. Include rollovers, direct transfers under section
    401(a)(31), transfers under section 414(l), and net income
    received by the plan for the year. Do not include unrealized
    gains or losses.

So yes, this would include your realized gains and losses. Stuff that increased or decreased the amount inside the account other than through contributions, distributions, or unrealized gains or losses.

Comment

Bees ?

Form 5500EZ is scanned. If the overall result on line 10g is a negative due to realized losses, how do you think we such? Scanned forms usually have a column for a minus sign.
      Also today I met Paul at the Boston NATP convention. It was fun to meet and talk a little.

Comment

The instructions for Form 5500EZ, page 3 says to enter a minus " - " sign in the box to the left of the first number.

I just talked to Paul today about his trip. Sounds like he had a great time. The NATP people in the booth right next to him were very kind and watched his booth for him while he went for a cookie.

Comment

Thanks Bees

Wow, I am impressed that you found that instructions re the negative sign.

Comment

Working...
          X