New Client filing a 990EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Client filing a 990EZ

I just obtained a new client, who is a non profit association, and they have filed a 990EZ in the past.....The 2015 return was filed but did not consider federal income tax withheld in error as reported on IRS Form 1099K, Box 4. The credit card company did indicate they were in error, but their response is that they have submitted the funds to the IRS so they will not reimburse the taxpayer.

I cannot find a line on the 990EZ for 2015 to amend the return as filed so they can get their $1,400 back, withheld in error. Any ideas how to get the taxpayers refund....If I cannot figure out how to input box 4 on the 990EZ will writing a letter to the IRS work, even though they are dreadfully slow in processing anything these days....Thanks,,,Duane Anderson

Look at the other 990 series forms and instructions to see if one of them meets your needs. Maybe Form 990 or even 990-T since tax was withheld.

Comment

File a 990-T. Put the amount on line 44e. Write on the top of the 990-T "Request for backup withholding refund only". Attach copy of 1099 form.

Comment

Working...
      X