Puerto Rico TAX RETURN FOR GOVT EMPLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico TAX RETURN FOR GOVT EMPLO

I have a client that works for the department of justice and is assigned to Puerto Rico. Can someone tell me how I would go about preparing this tax return. I have done tax returns for clients overseas before but it appears that to do a return for Puerto Rico is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by vigtaxe View Post
    I have a client that works for the department of justice and is assigned to Puerto Rico. Can someone tell me how I would go about preparing this tax return. I have done tax returns for clients overseas before but it appears that to do a return for Puerto Rico is different. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    You need to file form 1040-PR. You can get the form and instructions at irs.gov. Basically PR follows the tax code prior to TRA 86.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

yea I thought the same but it ask for a w2-pr and he has just a w2 as if he worked in the states yet box 16 of the w2 ( state wages ) has a figure different from box 1 of the w2 and box 17 ( state income tax ) has an amount different from box 2.

Comment

Working...
      X