1099 misc box 3 coop pmt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 misc box 3 coop pmt

new client brought tax return and last yrs return also, trying to understand why previous preparer put $1 under other income when the 1099misc states $640. The 1099 misc is from phone cooperative and is return of payments throughout previous years. Have researched an can find nothing.

Originally posted by drtaxprep View Post
    new client brought tax return and last yrs return also, trying to understand why previous preparer put $1 under other income when the 1099misc states $640. The 1099 misc is from phone cooperative and is return of payments throughout previous years. Have researched an can find nothing.
    I see 1099-Misc with box 3 figures for all sorts of payments taxable and non taxable I think many payers issue a 1099-Misc for any payment over $600 and leave it up to the recipient to figure out if it should be taxable.

If this is a refund of payments made to a phone company that was not deducted then I think the refund should not be taxable. On the othe rhand if they were deducted previously now it becomes taxable.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
    X