Any Proseries users ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Proseries users ?

If anyone here is using Proseries, have you tried unchecking the "hide sensitive date" in the print options. I have a 8453 to mail in and the social of the client is masked no matter what print option I use. I contacted support and they are "looking into it". I am going to try and over-ride the social so it prints blank and write it in. Or just use a blank form and write it all in. Just want other Proseries users know that the social will not print correctly on the 8453. Many stupid issues with ProSeries this year. May have to check out a demo of Drake this summer.

This is sort of a side question: Is there a reason why you are mailing the 8453 rather than attaching a PDF of the document to the e-filed tax return?

In answer to your question, until Intuit fixes their stupidity, you may just need to manually do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
      This is sort of a side question: Is there a reason why you are mailing the 8453 rather than attaching a PDF of the document to the e-filed tax return?

In answer to your question, until Intuit fixes their stupidity, you may just need to manually do it.
      Have an 8332. We have always just mailed it in. Old school. Can the 8332 be attached via pdf or is a hard copy required also. We always just mailed them. If they can be attached and efiled then I will learn how to do that within the program. Let me know. Thanks Bill

Comment

attach it

You can attach a pdf of Form 8332 in Pro series.

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
          You can attach a pdf of Form 8332 in Pro series.
          Yep. See this link for details:

Comment

Thanks Bill. You can teach old dogs new tricks.

Comment

Another question. Should I deactivate form 8453 and just attach the 8332 or attach both to the return ?

Comment

If I remember correctly, when you attach 8332 it automatically creates a 8453. So you may want to try deleting what you have and it should auto-generate when you attach the 8332. I am pretty sure it is still part of the return, so be sure it does auto-generate.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
                  If I remember correctly, when you attach 8332 it automatically creates a 8453. So you may want to try deleting what you have and it should auto-generate when you attach the 8332. I am pretty sure it is still part of the return, so be sure it does auto-generate.
                  Sounds good. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post
                    If anyone here is using Proseries, have you tried unchecking the "hide sensitive date" in the print options. I have a 8453 to mail in and the social of the client is masked no matter what print option I use. I contacted support and they are "looking into it". I am going to try and over-ride the social so it prints blank and write it in. Or just use a blank form and write it all in. Just want other Proseries users know that the social will not print correctly on the 8453. Many stupid issues with ProSeries this year. May have to check out a demo of Drake this summer.
                    Have you contacting support again? Pro Series software support should have an script and/or instruction aid to follow if the program allows.
                    Last edited by TAXNJ; 01-30-2017, 09:48 PM.
                    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
                      Have you contacting support again? Pro Series software support should have an script and/or instruction aid to follow if the program allows.
                      I figured out how to get the 8453 and other forms to print with socials showing. Via forms menu, go to the form itself and then choose the "Form Print" button. I hate that option because it prints extra pages of junk. But it works. I usually use the "Choose" to print option for individual forms. I found that issue via the help pages on their site. You would think the tech would have seen that tech page. That page on their web site said a future release will allow you to bypass the "Mask Sensitive Data" . Tech support is useless !!!

Bill, back to the 8332. I looked on the IRS site and checked other sites and everything points to the fact that the 8332 has to be mailed with the 8453. I realize documents like stock sales reports and others can be attached via pdf, but I dont see anything pointing to 8332's. Can you point me to a law that verifies. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Have an 8332. We have always just mailed it in. Old school. Can the 8332 be attached via pdf or is a hard copy required also. We always just mailed them. If they can be attached and efiled then I will learn how to do that within the program. Let me know. Thanks Bill
                        I have always filed it along with the return. IRS has never questioned it not being mailed or added via pdf. I keep the signed original in my client file.
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info

Comment

I
                            Bill, back to the 8332. I looked on the IRS site and checked other sites and everything points to the fact that the 8332 has to be mailed with the 8453. I realize documents like stock sales reports and others can be attached via pdf, but I dont see anything pointing to 8332's. Can you point me to a law that verifies. Thanks again for the help.
                            See page 2 "caution" paragraph and taxea reply today to help your decision if efile or US mail form. Also did not have a problem efiling with return in the past. Dont know about a "law" to verify it but you can always spend time looking for it in the tax code
                            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
                              See page 2 "caution" paragraph and taxea reply today to help your decision if efile or US mail form. Also did not have a problem efiling with return in the past. Dont know about a "law" to verify it but you can always spend time looking for it in the tax code
                              Not sure what you are referring to in your reply ?

Comment

Working...
                              X