Another eic issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another eic issue

Mother worked, made under $2000. has 3 children, lives with the father of two. he doesn't work, trying to get disability. lots of government help to survive. Will this go over? im not claiming HOH, just single will get approx $575 EIC, no ACTC. have health papers showing medicaid on all four , mom and kids. ive asked lots of questions. Should i file for her?

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
    Mother worked, made under $2000. has 3 children, lives with the father of two. he doesn't work, trying to get disability. lots of government help to survive. Will this go over? im not claiming HOH, just single will get approx $575 EIC, no ACTC. have health papers showing medicaid on all four , mom and kids. ive asked lots of questions. Should i file for her?
    If you are the proprietor of a tax preparation business, and haven't limited your clientele to a certain profile or niche that excludes this client, then why not? H&R Block office would.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Jackson hewitt turned her away, said her refund would hardly pay their fee.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
        Jackson hewitt turned her away, said her refund would hardly pay their fee.
        Our town HRB is charging $478 for simple return with EITC & CTC, plus bank fees as applicable. Covers most of the fine for due diligence slip ups.
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

How do they get away with that price. At that price I could do half as many and still make same income.

Comment

my thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
              How do they get away with that price. At that price I could do half as many and still make same income.
              They get away with it because they advance the refund, deduct their fees and the TP never pays any attention except to the bottom line. After all, the TP's didn't pay it in to begin with.

Comment

Working...
              X