PTIN approval letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN approval letter

I filed my renewal on 10/24 and have not heard from the IRS acknowledging I'm OK for this year. Anyone have this letter yet?
    Thank you-Dennis

Originally posted by DTS View Post
    I filed my renewal on 10/24 and have not heard from the IRS acknowledging I'm OK for this year. Anyone have this letter yet?
    Thank you-Dennis
    I got mine back in mid-November, a few weeks after registering.

Can't you go to your PTIN account online and verify your status?
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

PTIN online

Thank you very much. I have never been able to do anything online regarding my PTIN for some reason. However, I will go and check now. Thanks again-Dennis

Comment

Using PTIN online registration

Originally posted by DTS View Post
        Thank you very much. I have never been able to do anything online regarding my PTIN for some reason. However, I will go and check now. Thanks again-Dennis
        Then that is a problem you might wish to address. For the past several years I have performed ALL PTIN issues online to include registration / payments /acknowledgements / other.

Quite frankly, I'm not even certain I have received anything in recent years via snail mail about annual registration. Acknowledgement of payment / registration is virtually immediate online. The IRS also has my email address for "routine" notifications related to PTIN issues.

FE

Comment

I wound up calling the PTIN number and the gal told me my approval letter had been mailed out in November, so she's mailing me a replacement. Dennis

Comment

call them PTIN helpline, 877.613.7846
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

You should receive a PTIN expiration notice in the U.S. mail soon, if not successfully renewed.

As of January 1, 2017, approximately 646,000 tax return preparers have active PTINs, according to one source.
              "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Letter

It was successful and they sent me a replacement letter stating so. I rec'd it a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                X