Collection Agencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection Agencies

I have been notified by the Liaison officer in Nashville that the IRS intends to use four collection agencies to collect delinquent accounts in Tennessee this coming year.

Something here just doesn't add up. I detest collection agencies, most of them are even more sleazy than the subjects from whom they are trying to collect. But I have a disconnect why the IRS would have to PAY these cretins to collect, when they already have the power of God to take everything a subject has. They have more power at their disposal than these agencies will ever have.

If anyone has any peculiar understanding of this situation, please respond if you will.

One possibility is that with the cutbacks in the audit division, more stuff is now going to collections, who are sending out levy notices in such magnitude (many for issues that IRS is wrong) that employers and businesses are simply ignoring them.

It is mandated by Congress.

IRS has a page with more details: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...ebt-collection

Comment

It appears Schumer and Grassley were the one's pushing it. Two of the 4 private agencies are in NY and another one in IA. Hmmmmm........

Comment

Like most things that the IRS gets blamed for the real blame is congress. It passed 359 to 65 in the house and 83 to 16 in the senate. Be sure to thank your politicians!!

Comment

Working...
        X