Requirement for us to have our EFIN certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requirement for us to have our EFIN certified

Has anyone had thier EFIN certified yet? How did it go. It is my understanding that our tax software vendor is now required to certify our EFIN by us sending them a paper copy of the applicaltion way back when we originally applied for an EFIN. This is part of the never ending effort to fight hackers from filing fraudelent tax returns.

My software company gave me pretty good instructions both for getting the Application Summary and then for uploading it to them. I think the next part is to get a special number that identifies that software on my physical computer that efiles, and I haven't done that part yet.

Comment

Security

Thank you Lion for your input. We are truly in a new era, that is an era of Security.

Comment

Whatever happened to Tax Prep

How much of our time are we now spending on jumping thru hoops and spending nonbillable administrative time?

Remember when we could focus on just getting tax returns done and delivered? Tax knowledge and preparation seems to be a dying commodity - nowadays it is all software, administrative juggling. A glance around the room at my last seminar revealed very few faces under the age of 50, and the majority seemed to be over the age of 60.

In fairness to the IRS, they are pursuing identity theft far more than they are pursuing EIC fraud. There are probably not enough jail cells to hold them all.

Comment

You can get Efin summary from E-Services.
          Last edited by BOB W; 11-10-2016, 09:10 AM.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
          X