Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defined Benefit & Related Party ?s

I own an 100% of S Corp with employees.
    I own 100% C Corp with only my 45 year old daughter as a W2 @ $40,000.
    My C gets all income from my S.
    My daughter works mostly as a consultant between C to S. She is a hard worker, single mom with 5 children.
    I would like to set up a Defined Benefit Pension Plan for her.

QUERY: Are the non discrimination rules and related party rules going to interact in a manner to allow or prevent me for doing this transaction for her.

Originally posted by cjs View Post
    I own an 100% of S Corp with employees.
    I own 100% C Corp with only my 45 year old daughter as a W2 @ $40,000.
    My daughter works mostly as a consultant between C to S. She is a hard worker, single mom with 5 children.
    I would like to set up a Defined Benefit Pension Plan for her.

QUERY: Are the non discrimination rules and related party rules going to interact in a manner to allow or prevent me for doing this transaction for her.
    Non discrimination rules require that all employees of S and C to be included in the discrimination testing. So in effect you could NOT exclude employees of S who meet the age and service requirements of your DB plan document.

There is a reason why Congress enacted these laws. Otherwise owners would only cover themselves and their immediate families!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

S Corp Shareholder?

Originally posted by cjs View Post
      Sir, I think we have more fundamental problems.

If the C Corp is receiving ANY income from the S Corp, that means your C Corp is a shareholder of the S Corp. Under the definition of an S Corp, this is disallowed.

Comment

Working...
      X