Do Not Staple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Not Staple

Numerous documents deliverable to the IRS (and states) have a message in the upper right or left that asks: "Do not Staple".

After a few bad experiences where the IRS claims they have "lost" important documents, I have stapled anything together which needs to stay together, in spite of their message.

Am I just being ornery, or am I responding to the inefficiency or personnel who open or distribute the mail?

My guess

As is the case in many instances, I think the answer is BOTH.

Comment

Never a truer statement

I don't think I could agree more

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
        Numerous documents deliverable to the IRS (and states) have a message in the upper right or left that asks: "Do not Staple".

After a few bad experiences where the IRS claims they have "lost" important documents, I have stapled anything together which needs to stay together, in spite of their message.

Am I just being ornery, or am I responding to the inefficiency or personnel who open or distribute the mail?
        I staple all documents and letters together EXCEPT for the payment voucher and check. Those two are not stapled instead I put a small dab of peelable glue to the corner of the voucher and stick the check!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
        X