Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Net Premium Tax Credit(Ln 69) credited to TP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Premium Tax Credit(Ln 69) credited to TP?

I didn't pay to much attention to this topic (ACA) since all my clients received a 1095-C (employer provided) but then this new client comes with 2 - 1095-A's. The TP's 1095-A's stated the TP received $1673 in "Monthly Advance payment of the premium tax credit". When I entered all of this on the 1095-A forms, it generated a $1482 of Net Premium Tax Credit(Ln 69) form 1040. TP's AGI little over $28K. Not sure I completed the 1095-A's correctly but if so, the TP had a good chuck of their health ins premium paid by way of tax credits. So did I complete the forms 1095-A correctly?

Not unless you completed Form 8962, which is the form to use to calculate the proper credit. The 1095-A just has the information that goes on 8962.

Comment

Form 8962 Ln 26 $1482

Originally posted by Burke View Post
      Not unless you completed Form 8962, which is the form to use to calculate the proper credit. The 1095-A just has the information that goes on 8962.
      Form 8962 Ln 26 $1482

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax
        So did I complete the forms [8962] correctly?
        Not enough information to answer.
        "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

What else do you need?

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
          Not enough information to answer.
          What else do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
            What else do you need?
            MAGI, Household Size, SLCSP, if there were any changes in Household Size throughout the year (and therefore the SLCSP), and how many months there were insurance.

Comment

At $28K for a single person, he is at 238% of the Federal Poverty Level ($11,770)
              Federal Poverty Levels (which are also called Federal Poverty Guidelines, Federal Poverty Line or simply FPL) are used to see if you qualify for cost assistance when buying insurance.

The maximum pay back would be capped at $750 as shown in table 5 of the 8962 instructions.

Comment

Working...
              X