1099-Misc for 2 rental properties together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-Misc for 2 rental properties together

TP has 2 rentals for which management co. manages both and issues the TP 1099-misc reporting rent for both. Example: Box 1 reports $14271 (Prop A $6951 + Prop B $7320).

1. Would you create 2 separate 1099-Misc worksheets entering $6971 into one and enter $7320 in the other, then link to their related Sch E worksheet?

OR

2. Just enter each Props rent directly into the Sch E worksheet thus never using a 1099-Misc worksheet?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    TP has 2 rentals for which management co. manages both and issues the TP 1099-misc reporting rent for both. Example: Box 1 reports $14271 (Prop A $6951 + Prop B $7320).

1. Would you create 2 separate 1099-Misc worksheets entering $6971 into one and enter $7320 in the other, then link to their related Sch E worksheet?

OR

2. Just enter each Props rent directly into the Sch E worksheet thus never using a 1099-Misc worksheet?
    Depends on your software. I have one client with 4 condo units in one condo park and the management company issues only 1 1099-Misc per tax ID. They do provide her with a separate ststement for each unit showing the income and expenses.

On my software i have 4 separate Sch E with separate depreciation basis.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

1099-misc is an information return indicating payment received. Unless there is withholding on 1099, there is not a need to actually enter the details of 1099-misc. Only need to make sure income reported is at least as much as 1099.

Comment

Working...
      X