Moving Expense question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Expense question

I have a client that moved here from out of State in 2014. The husband came in August of 2104 and started working. The wife came December and had a job transfer to another city about 60 miles away, she started in January 2015 . So they took those moving expenses from out of State on the 2014 return. Then January they moved to another town about 60 miles away where the wife's job transfer was to. So can they deduct the Moving expenses from this last move to here that is 60 miles away?
    Both worked the whole time. So I believe the time test is met.

So to sum it up they took moving expenses from out of state (625 miles) to first place on the 2014 return.

January 2015 they moved here (60 miles) can they deduct those expenses?

I am thinking they can't. But what if you say the first move 625 miles was for the husband (expenses claimed on 2014 return) and then the 2015 expenses was for the wife who's job transfer was straight to here in January 2015?

help please!

Two separate moves. If they qualify then the second can also be taken. Doesn't matter if one was for his job and the other for hers once they moved to the Husband''s work town. He probably is commuting because she didn't want to.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
    X