W-2s from cruise ship lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-2s from cruise ship lines

Client is a musician aboard cruise ships. He is a resident of OK. He received 2 W-2's . I'm a little confused about the W-2's because they only show amounts in boxes 1 and 2. One has FL listed as the state and the other one shows no state. That's all that's on the W-2. I've never seen one like this before.

Not subject to SS or MC withholding or payment, so W2 boxes 3-6 should be blank. You may need to compute any state or local income tax due based on state of residence.

Comment

Originally posted by tsuewalker View Post
      Client is a musician aboard cruise ships. He is a resident of OK. He received 2 W-2's . I'm a little confused about the W-2's because they only show amounts in boxes 1 and 2. One has FL listed as the state and the other one shows no state. That's all that's on the W-2. I've never seen one like this before.
      I have seen those W2s. It will not have any state information and depending on the Registry of the ship/company may not even have SS or medicare taxes withheld.

Depending on the tax domicile of the employee add the taxable income for state tax purpose and on the Fed return add the ee share by filing form 8919.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
      X