Multiple 1095-A Coverage Overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple 1095-A Coverage Overlap

Client received Multiple 1095-A and two of them have figures in all three columns for the same month of October. Seems like the coverage changed during the month. Do I add the two figures together?

Column A - 891 (876+15) Column B - 1,387 (892+495) Column C - 659 (651+8)

Previous Months Totals

Column A - 905 Column B - 892 Column C - 673

Any direction or thoughts would be appreciated

For columns A and C yes.

I'm assuming that in September the SLCSP (col B) was $892 and in November it was $495? I think if you added that together it would calculate too much PTC for the month of October. Based on the change in SLCSP in November I'd guess family size probably changed that month? Are you aware of the reason for the change in plans? I think the answer is going to depend upon why the change in October occurred.

Comment

I just went through this and had to ask, too. One 1095-A for H/W Jan-Jun, one for H Jul-Oct, another one for H Oct-Dec, and a 1095-B for W Jul-Dec, I think. Baby born in October, so family size went from 2 to 3 on 7 October 2015. W went on Medicaid in Jul-Dec; baby on Medicaid Oct-Dec. My software (ProSystem fx) let me enter each form and it did the math creating Form 8962. The only adjusting I did, if I remember correctly, was column B for October or else it doubled. The rest came out just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
        For columns A and C yes.

Are you aware of the reason for the change in plans? I think the answer is going to depend upon why the change in October occurred.
        Yes, you are right, coverage did drop to cover just one. I hadn't noticed that earlier. I'd say take the lower number? But what would you advise?

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          I just went through this and had to ask, too. One 1095-A for H/W Jan-Jun, one for H Jul-Oct, another one for H Oct-Dec, and a 1095-B for W Jul-Dec, I think. Baby born in October, so family size went from 2 to 3 on 7 October 2015. W went on Medicaid in Jul-Dec; baby on Medicaid Oct-Dec. My software (ProSystem fx) let me enter each form and it did the math creating Form 8962. The only adjusting I did, if I remember correctly, was column B for October or else it doubled. The rest came out just fine.
          Adjusting? I figured some of that up to. For coverage based on full month of 892 and then 495, then took half of each, which was 681. Did you do something similar? I'm concerned about the IRS rejecting a seemingly arbitrary figure.

Comment

I was about to use 6 days and 25 days. Then I noticed that column B was $445 Jan-Jun and $223 Jul-Dec except for October that I think was exactly double, don't remember for sure. So, since the months before and the months after were $223, I zero'd out one form's October column B to leave $223 in October. As I say, I would think from 7 October 2015 the number would drop with the birth of the baby and change in family size, but the baby (and mom) are on Medicaid, so this form reports only the dad for the second half of the year, so the same $223 for all six months is logical. The law is not logical, but this was a freebie for my kids; I'll fix any IRS letters that arrive!

If your September is one number and November is either higher or lower, then you probably need to prorate October for whatever event caused the change at whatever October date.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
              I was about to use 6 days and 25 days. Then I noticed that column B was $445 Jan-Jun and $223 Jul-Dec except for October that I think was exactly double, don't remember for sure. So, since the months before and the months after were $223, I zero'd out one form's October column B to leave $223 in October. As I say, I would think from 7 October 2015 the number would drop with the birth of the baby and change in family size, but the baby (and mom) are on Medicaid, so this form reports only the dad for the second half of the year, so the same $223 for all six months is logical. The law is not logical, but this was a freebie for my kids; I'll fix any IRS letters that arrive!

If your September is one number and November is either higher or lower, then you probably need to prorate October for whatever event caused the change at whatever October date.
              Phew! seems like I was on the right track, thank you for your expertise.

Comment

Working...
              X