Pittsburg City, PA filing requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pittsburg City, PA filing requirement

We have a client resident state is New Mexico, however he worked for IBM about 8 weeks in Pittsburg City PA.
    Total PA earnings (in Pittsburg City) were $10,500, withholding $325.

What is the requirement for filing a return for Pittsburg City?
    We are filing a PA return, but are not sure about Pittsburg City / County.

Local

Originally posted by mactoolsix View Post
    We have a client resident state is New Mexico, however he worked for IBM about 8 weeks in Pittsburg City PA.
    Total PA earnings (in Pittsburg City) were $10,500, withholding $325.

What is the requirement for filing a return for Pittsburg City?
    We are filing a PA return, but are not sure about Pittsburg City / County.
    Pittsburgh is in Allegheny County. If you need to know who to file to I recommend using

Put in the address where they lived and the address where they worked and it will calculate the rate.

If this does not get you everything you need let me know.

Dusty

Comment

Dusty,

I do not have either, but the question is do they need to file at all?
      With only $300 withholding, by the time we add a filing fee, it's not worth filing if not required.

I looked at the Jordan Tax website, however it does not have information about non-resident filing requirements.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Yes - the locals require a return if earned income is 100

Dusty,

With only $300 withholding, by the time we add a filing fee, it's not worth filing if not required.

I looked at the Jordan Tax website, however it does not have information about non-resident filing requirements.

Thanks,
        Mike
        Yes - the locals require a return if earned income is 100 - if not they will send a failure to file fee.

Comment

Client

Dusty,

Thanks,
          Mike
          Think you would ask client to make that decision, " if it's not worth filing if not required". Due diligence! If client is too small for your fee structure let them know. $300 might be important to client.
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 03-11-2016, 06:52 PM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Dusty - called Jordan Tax Service this morning and they verified a final return needs to be filed.

TAXNJ - of course - we gave the client the option of doing the return himself or having us do it.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X