2nd Browser similar to IE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Browser similar to IE?

Probably bad timing but does anyone use a 2nd browser that has similar compatibility with most websites like IE does? Probably one of most popular ones is Fire Fox which I have been using for several years but I run into compatibility issues with some sites and have to use IE.

Google

Have you tried using Google? I use Google the majority of the time, however there are some sites that work best with the new Microsoft Edge.
    Wtorres

Comment

Actually I am using Microsoft Edge but still referred to it as IE

Originally posted by WTorres View Post
      Have you tried using Google? I use Google the majority of the time, however there are some sites that work best with the new Microsoft Edge.
      I just setup an all in one PC. I have Fire Fox and IE on my previous PC and off and on tried Google so I need to try it more.

I just come to find out from one of my product companies that their website is not compatible with MS Edge. I kind of like Edge. Can I also install MS IE 11 and still retain Edge as a browser?
      Last edited by AZ-Tax; 03-09-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Firefrox works well here

I recently had to (quickly!) upgrade from an old Win 7 system to a Win 10 system.

On the older system, I ran Firefox (and Thunderbird) virtually all of the time without encountering any problems. Quite frankly, it often worked better than IE ( = slow ). (I think part of the issue was you could select many of the FF browser add-ons ??)

The Win 10 system has MS Edge and Chromium (?), but I have not even activated them. Firefox seems to work well for all of my current browser needs.

FWIW: I think the trick is to have a reasonably "new" computer (Wix XP folks are living on borrowed time. . .) and make it a point to install all software updates, not only to the operating and browser systems but also to such things as Adobe (PDF viewer and Flash), Java, and other stuff that may be rattling around on your computer.

Side note: Some antivirus stuff can mess things up. My new 'puter came with a "trial version" of McAfee, and it interfered mightily with Thunderbird which I now run in the "safe" mode. Plan to reinstall my Trend Micro antivirus stuff in the near future, and expect that problem (common, from web sources!) to go away.

Hope this helps.

FE

Comment

When I was having compatibility problems with IE and some web sites I needed, I tried Chrome. It's worked great for everything.

Comment

Working...
          X