Education tuition or llc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education tuition or llc

Tp and spouse both working in private companies. They go take some religious classes to become ministers when retired(about 2 years). both received 1098-t for courses paid for but the boxes in 8 or 9 are NOT checked. I do not see how this could qualify as higher education allowable under either tuition and fees or the llc. Am I wrong?

An eligible educational institution is a school offering higher education beyond high school. It is any college, university, vocational school, or other post secondary educational institution eligible to participate in a student aid program run by the U.S. Department of Education.

This includes most accredited public, nonprofit and privately-owned–for-profit post secondary institutions.

If you aren’t sure if your school is an eligible educational institution:

• Ask your school if it is an eligible educational institution, or
    • See if your school is on the U.S. Federal Student Aid Code List.

TIP: A small number of schools, not on this list, may be eligible educational institutions. So, you may need to ask the school.

Find out what is an Eligible Educational Institution to qualify for the education credits.

Note that you don't need to be "at least a half-time student" for life time learning credit.

Comment

Just so I am on the right page. Higher education is defined as that above High School for purposes of the education deductions and credits?

Comment

If box 8 wasn't check, then they where not at least half-time student, they can still take the life time learning credit.

Comment

Working...
        X