Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Emails

Anyone else receiving emails such as
    Hello my name is Cheri., Christa B. Sent me to you. I was wondering when you have an available appointment to help me file my taxes. My number is XXXXXXXXXXXX. Thanks, Che'ri.
    This is about the 3rd one I have received - I do not know these people or references - seems pretty suspect for "phishing"

I am ignoring and not responding - all of my clients are on a referral basis - not advertising, etc.

Sandy

I would delete them.
    Virtually any legitimate potential client emailing you out of the blue like this would also include a comment on how they came to know about your services (friend, advertisement, etc)
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

How could you NOT think that e-mail was phony? New potential clients call ... they don't send an e-mail.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Getting more info

Originally posted by S T View Post
        Anyone else receiving emails such as

This is about the 3rd one I have received - I do not know these people or references - seems pretty suspect for "phishing"

I am ignoring and not responding - all of my clients are on a referral basis - not advertising, etc.

Sandy
        At best. . .phishing for advertising to sell you a tax product (from public list?). At worst, malware et al.

What do you see when you carefully hover the mouse over the "number" ?

Suggest a Google of phone number or even entire message.

In any case...NOT legit!!

FE

Comment

What is the email address it was sent from?
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X