1041 (trust/estates) by State Guide Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1041 (trust/estates) by State Guide Info

Where is the best reference guide to find what reporting requirements (if any) are for 1041 family type returns by state, and what the respective form names are. Also, if the state forms can be e-filed,? More info by state the better. Currently the All States and Deluxe Editions are silent on this subject.

CCH is known for good reference material, but I haven't needed a 1041 all-states guide. You may have to go to each state's website (good job for an intern or a good reason to hire your child). Check with your software, too; they may have one table all in one place in their knowledgebase. Or, it might be worth taking a course if you know the text/handouts will provide what you need.

Comment

My software has all 50 states and if they have fiduciary return requirements in that state, the forms are in there. As suggested, you may wish to access the relevant state's website for the forms and instructions if yours does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        My software has all 50 states and if they have fiduciary return requirements in that state, the forms are in there. As suggested, you may wish to access the relevant state's website for the forms and instructions if yours does not.
        Yes, I know I can spend time digging into navigating state websites. However, I am looking for a guide similar to the what The Tax Book offers in summary by state, requirements, rates, etc... Looking for something I can take out in a second and review or find a quick answer that's all in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          CCH is known for good reference material, but I haven't needed a 1041 all-states guide. You may have to go to each state's website (good job for an intern or a good reason to hire your child). Check with your software, too; they may have one table all in one place in their knowledgebase. Or, it might be worth taking a course if you know the text/handouts will provide what you need.
          No software I know has all this in summary fashion by state. Not aware of any course that covers all states. A guide for states is what I need, it there is one out there, for the same reason we have 1040 State guides with The Tax Book.

Comment

A couple of the CCH books on trust taxation mention they cover state issues. Ask for a trial copy to see if it has what you need. Also, read their course and webinar descriptions. If you don't find what you need, ask CCH.

Comment

Working...
            X