Dependents in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dependents in Mexico?

New client. In the past he has claimed his uncle, his nephew and his son, who all live in MEXICO. They did not live with him anytime during the year. I told him that he couldnt claim them because they were not here. Earnings only $11,000. They all have SSAN. Am I incorrect?
    Last edited by zeros; 02-14-2016, 07:19 PM.

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    New client. In the past he has claimed his uncle, his nephew and his son, who all live in MEXICO. They did not live with him anytime during the year. I told him that he couldnt claim them because they were not here. Earnings only $11,000. They all have SSAN. Am I incorrect?
    Why don't you take a look at IRC section 152(b)(3)

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
      You might want to review the Qualifying Relative rules

They are all "qualifying relatives that do not have to live with you."
      Do they pass the other tests?

Mike

Comment

TTB 3-13 gives a detailed chart. 3) Citizen or resident test. The person claimed as a dependent must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or a resident of the United States, Canada, or Mexico. 4) Relationship test....

Comment

Working...
        X