Code Double D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code Double D

Ran into my first W-2 last night. Taxpayer was a participant in employer's medical plan, but on his W-2 there was no code DD in box 12. There has been a DD in all previous years since the code was created (last 3-4 years).

Has employer been relieved of the responsibility to provide this information?

Originally posted by Golden Rocket View Post
    Ran into my first W-2 last night. Taxpayer was a participant in employer's medical plan, but on his W-2 there was no code DD in box 12. There has been a DD in all previous years since the code was created (last 3-4 years).

Has employer been relieved of the responsibility to provide this information?
    If employer had less than 250 w-2's in previous year DD reporting is optional.

Comment

I'm sorry, GR, but I'm unable to offer any support. I'm afraid I don't keep abreast of that.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

GR - Snags

This might assist you -- a link to the IRS guidelines on Code DD on W-2 forms https://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-...ealth-Coverage

KathyC2 is correct it is optional for year 2015 as well as the prior years. Year 2016 might be different.

One more item nder the Affordable Care Act

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X