Consent for disclosure form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consent for disclosure form

Does anyone have a consent for disclosure form that they are willing to share with me? I had one but can't find it now. My software has a consent to use form but that is not what i need. If the client wants us to share their information with a financial institution or another tax preparer, we need their permission in writing to do so. That is what I need.

Thanks.

Linda, EA

PS: It has been a long time since I have been on the board. IT is good to be back.

Consent to disclosure

1. TTB has a form on their web site (not the forum web site) which may work for you, under the tap tools for tax pros.
    2. My office has been using IRS form 4506 and adding language allowing disclosure to third parties AND language to the taxpayer(s) that further disclosure by third parties is not our responsibility and is their risk. We don't honor requests for copies of returns or related documents and information via phone for either faxing of e-mail (which we have quit doing).
    3. And we charge for the copies.
    Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

I thought I had seen one that TTB has in the tax prep tools section. I had one saved also. I'll take a look see if I can find it.
      Maria R., CRTP
      Los Angeles, CA
      Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE OF TAX RETURN INFORMATION

Federal law requires this consent form be provided to you. Unless authorized by law, we cannot disclose, without your consent, your tax return information to third parties for purposes other than the preparation and filing of your tax return. If you consent to the disclosure of your tax return information, Federal law may not protect your tax return information from further use or distribution.

You are not required to complete this form. If we obtain your signature on this form by conditioning our services on your consent, your consent will not be valid. If you agree to the disclosure of your tax return information, your consent is valid for the amount of time that you specify. If you do not specify the duration of your consent, your consent is valid for one year.

Please complete: [To be completed by the taxpayer.]

• Purpose for forwarding information: _____________________________________
        __________________________________________________ _________________
        __________________________________________________ _________________

• Name and address to whom the information is being disclosed to:

• Duration of Consent: _________________________________

I, ______________________________________, authorize XXXXXXXXXXXXX to release my tax return information for 20___.

Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: _______________

Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: _______________

If you believe your tax return information has been disclosed or used improperly in a manner unauthorized by law without your permission, you may contact the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) by telephone at 1-800-366-4484, or by email to: complaints@tigta.treas.gov

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
          Does anyone have a consent for disclosure form that they are willing to share with me? I had one but can't find it now. My software has a consent to use form but that is not what i need. If the client wants us to share their information with a financial institution or another tax preparer, we need their permission in writing to do so. That is what I need.

Thanks.

Linda, EA

PS: It has been a long time since I have been on the board. IT is good to be back.
          Linda-I know we have emailed each other in the past but I can't find your address. I will look on my other computer but in the meantime, if you have mine email me(taxea@hawaii.rr.com) I have the whole set of 7216 forms
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Taxea

Taxea. I sent you an email so you would have my email address. Did you get it?

If not, send me a PM and I will give you my email address.

Thanks.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
              Taxea. I sent you an email so you would have my email address. Did you get it?

If not, send me a PM and I will give you my email address.

Thanks.

Linda, EA
              Linda check your PM
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
              X