Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Browser

Good Holiday Folks:

I am having problems with Firefox. Can any of you suggest another browser that works well with accounting/tax software?

My grandson suggested Goggle Chrome, anyone have experience with it.

Thanks Much.

I appreciate all the great information that is given on this site.

I have been a Txbook client for over 30 years.

K

Originally posted by Kurly View Post
    Good Holiday Folks:

I am having problems with Firefox. Can any of you suggest another browser that works well with accounting/tax software?

My grandson suggested Goggle Chrome, anyone have experience with it.

Thanks Much.

I appreciate all the great information that is given on this site.

I have been a Txbook client for over 30 years.

K
    What internet tax software/accounting are you using? Check with them as to what they suggest.

Chris

Comment

Getting to the problem

What operating system are you running on your computer? Anything older than Win 7 (to include Win XP) might now be problematic.

Are all of your updates current? IE currently has version 11.0 and FF currently has version 43.0 . Is Java used by your software? If so, it should be current version.

When is the last time you did a disk cleanup and/or disk defrag ?

And Chris also has a valid point: Why not first ask the tax software providers what operating systems are compatible with their software? (You probably can find the answer to that question online.)

FE

Comment

Chrome is good

I used Opera for years but last year switched to Google Chrome and after the learning curve I find it works fine. What does your tax/accounting software use a browser for? My tax software gets updates, etc. through Internet Explorer even tho Chrome is my default browser.
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Since years I have three browsers installed on my computer. IE, Firefox and Chrome. I use Chrome for almost anything. For years it was the fasted browser but I do not know if this is still true. IE is only used by me if I absolutely have to. I have Firefox since some banking menu and fill-in forms used to have problems with Chrome but this is very rare now. In any case, I am prepared for anything coming my way and the browsers do not interfere with each other.

Comment

I have IE11 which I don't use, Google Chrome because it makes Firefox work better (also don't use it) and Firefox. I have no problems with any of my programs. I must say that I do hate the way Firefox keeps popping up their updates to be installed. I use Firefox with Google as the search site.
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
            X