29 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 days!

E-file begins Jan 19 and ends on Monday 4/18/16.

Paper

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post

Paper returns also since the IRS & Washington, D.C., will celebrate Emancipation Day on that Friday April 15
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 12-21-2015, 04:27 PM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

There are two states (Maine and Massachusetts???) that have until April 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
        There are two states (Maine and Massachusetts???) that have until April 19th.
        And believe me some people will wait till the last minute on 4/19!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

THAT's

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
          And believe me some people will wait till the last minute on 4/19!
          That's why we work closely with clients and have extensions ready for those that need them a week before since we close the office the week before 4-15.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
            I don't think the second part is what you meant. E-file for TY2015 individual returns is expected to continue through 2018, except for the annual MeF shutdown in late November and other brief maintenance outages.
            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Think 2

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
              I don't think the second part is what you meant. E-file for TY2015 individual returns is expected to continue through 2018, except for the annual MeF shutdown in late November and other brief maintenance outages.
              Think trying to convey that an extra 2-3 days due date this year to file returns and extensions.

Comment

From IRS Website (MEF page)

2016 Filing Season for Modernized e-File (MeF) Individual and Business Returns

MeF will begin accepting Individual tax returns on January 19, 2016 as scheduled.

Important Note for Business Filers: MeF will begin accepting all Business tax returns, as scheduled, on January 9, 2016 except for the Form 94x which will begin on January 11, 2016.

1040 MeF Production Shutdown/Cutover Schedule
                Shutdown begins on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 11:59 a.m. in order to prepare the system for the upcoming 2016 Filing Season.

Business MeF Production Shutdown/Cutover Schedule
                Shutdown is scheduled to begin on Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 11:59 a.m.
                Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Question,
                  I have a few extensions for Form 1041 (fiscal year) that need to be filed - Looks like not able to e-file, anyone know?

Sandy

Comment

You have until the 26th, depending on your software. And, then entity e-filing opens up again 9 January 2016. If their deadline is in between those two dates, paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X