Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another IRS email scam

Got this info from one of my programs today

I can't copy or pdf it so here is a summary ( the errors are in the email)
    It has the IRS blue header and says

Our account surveillance have detected some suspicious activities over your accourt and to maintain the security we have disabled some functions on your account.

Possible reasons:

Someone was trying to access your account illegitimately

Using different source to access

To enable all functions on yoour account, you required to verify your identity with IRS e Services by clicking
    (then it has a link which I am not including here)

Note: You must provide and answer security questions you have provided to us when y for us to verify your identity, after which normal e-Services will continue.

then it signs off with an alleged IRS copyright date etc

Below is what is recommended if you get this email:

The IRS has been warning of a phishing scam email sent to E-Service users attempting to steal their E-Service Passwords. We have included an actual example of that e-mail below (the links have been disabled). The IRS will never send you an email with a link to respond. If you receive this email forward it to phishing@irs.gov and then delete it. If you have received and responded to this email or clicked the link to change your password you should immediately change your password at the IRS. If you are unable to change your password contact the IRS E-Help desk at 1-866-255-0654 and have them assist you.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Telephone

Have you tried calling the E help desk # ?

Is there a long wait time to get someone to respond?
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

E help is a lot quicker than the hotline and yes they frequently do answer the phone.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X