New $2,500 De Minimus Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXEA View Post
    The original question referenced livestock held for breeding purposes. There is theoretically no difference in breeding cattle and a computer. Both are Sec 1245 assets. The sale of each are reported on Form 4797.

Livestock held for sale are purchased cattle NOT held for breeding purposes. The sale of which is reported on Schedule F.
    Correct. For my farmers, breeding cattle and computers are the same.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
      Correct. For my farmers, breeding cattle and computers are the same.
      I'm not sure the bull agrees with you...
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        I'm not sure the bull agrees with you...
        Ha. A few years ago, one farmer didn't have a calf crop for 2 years in a row. I questioned him on that and he said he caught his bull looking at the neighbor's bull. And then he said "...and that is no bull!"
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
          Ha. A few years ago, one farmer didn't have a calf crop for 2 years in a row. I questioned him on that and he said he caught his bull looking at the neighbor's bull. And then he said "...and that is no bull!"
          (Not sure if this violates any board rules - I'll delete it if it does.)

Reminds me of the farmer whose bull seemed to have lost interest in the cows. Another farmer suggested he speak with the vet. Some time later, Farmer #2 was visiting and he commented that the bull's behavior had completely changed for the better. Farmer #1 showed him a bottle of liquid the vet had given him to put in the bull's water, and he said it was working quite well. Farmer #2 asked what it was, and Farmer #1 replied, "I'm not sure, but it tastes a little bit like peppermint."
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
          X